Recognize any of these early warning signs? It might be time to schedule an orthodontic exam.
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Finger sucking or other oral habits
- Crowding, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude or are recessed
- Speech difficulty
- Biting the cheek or biting into the roof of the mouth
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that meet in an abnormal way or don’t meet at all
- Facial imbalance or asymmetry
- Grinding or clinching of teeth
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends having an orthodontic screening by age 7.
© American Association of Orthodontists and Braces.org, 01/17/2012